Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The "P" word!

Well I should have known that the "P" word would bring me many problems when in order to get the "p" word I had to cry and throw a fit! Ha Ha  We had a smaller 18 foot pool and it felt like a sauna by mid summer and was so hard to keep clean because of that.  So for the past couple of years I stopped trying ;) so I have been looking for a new pool for a couple of years.  The only problem with my plan is that John was not "looking" for a new pool..... So I found the "perfect" pool on craigslist.  It had everything I wanted...I was told that it was 30' round (its actually 27' round) it has a slide, wedding cake steps, and a saltwater system..... So I threw a fit, until my husband gave in.... I would like to add that I am not prone to fits... So John took this serious ;)  So we ended up going to get the pool, all the way in Tyler.  This was back in Feb. Well the first thing we noticed after getting it home was that the pump was rusted right through.  So I called the "owner" and she gave us a good amount of money back.  The refund was good but it was not enough to cover a pump! Well God provided again, my neighbor had a pump and filter for sale that was a BARGAIN!! So we are back in business.... Until we decide well if we are going to do it we better go BIG.... So we decide to sink the pool about 3 feet. John had rented a backhoe for a weekend to dig up roots and work on several projects so he dug the whole.  I guess the part that I missed in all of this is that it would be a really "rough" dig job and that it would take several man hours with shovels to level this whole out..... So the kids and I spent hours, and hours and hours and hours (OK you get the idea) digging and leveling the pool.... John also spent hours and hours leveling and then the pool project came to a stand still for MONTHS!! Like the whole summer..... John's office manager left, he had a big project due so the pool was the last priority..... Meanwhile everyday I see the whole in the ground and can not get it accomplished.  Thankfully John hired a new employee and the project is complete so the pool is up and now it is just nickel and diming us to death but it sure does feel good to swim in ;)  The reason why we could not say the "p" word in our home for a couple of months was because my poor hubby felt the pressure every time the  word was mentioned and I felt my blood pressure rise...... Through all of this I have learned that every time I force something, it NEVER works out the way I want and I am FORCED to be patient anyways..... I am praying for the day that I can learn things the simple way and I don't need a baseball bat to the head to "get it"........

No comments:

Post a Comment